Toe Update: Looking good. Bruising feels a little better this morning and the overall aesthetic is slightly less grotesque. hahaha. i should have taken a before and after picture set! What was I thinking???
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Medical Bills and Healing Toes
Back in July I had to go to the hospital for an emergency CT Scan to rule out Appendicitis. Leaving out the very gory details of the procedure, suffice it to say the CT was scary enough let alone the thought of my insurance covering or not covering the costs. I had received an initial "this is not a bill" statement a few months ago with the price tag of a whopping $3500!!! I was in shock! Last night i got home from teaching to find the actual amount that I owed to be just under $400. I was horrified, but then i realized that if it weren't for my insurance covering 88% of my bill I would have been really screwed. Thank goodness I have insurance to help me. It really makes me thankful and grateful for that insurance (no matter how much I complain about my coverage). I just cannot imagine how millions of people without medical insurance get through the day. Scary. Very Scary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I haven't had medical insurance in three years. I really hope I can find a job in the states that has a good plan. Then again, anything is better than going to the hospitals around here--even if I have to pay for it myself.
Scart, isn't it? Although, I have been doing accupuncture for about 6 months now.... you might want to give that a shot ;) How are you over there in China?? Any plans to come back to the states???
Post a Comment