They say bad things happen in 3's... So I think I am good for awhile. I can't go into too much detail - which seems kind of backwards for a blog - but suffice it to say that the Universe needs to cut me some slack for a few days, weeks, a month?
The feeling of being defeated is just...well, defeating. I need to not have the defeatist attitude, but, man, that is tough to do when in 10 days you have to deal with more than you have dealt with in 6 months total. This should be a really exciting week for me, and instead it has turned in to one that I just want to forget.
This weekend S and I are moving into a new home. We found a beautiful townhouse about 12 miles from town. I should be super excited about this, but due to the events of the past week and a half, it is really tough to be excited at all. It is the first place we are moving into together - meaning at the same time. When I moved in with S 3 years ago, he had already been living in the apartment. See why this should be awesome? And I am sure it will be, but man, I just can't get excited about it right now. I am hoping that once we have the keys I will feel better. Or maybe when the events of the past week and a half have died down a bit in my head.
What an uplifting post, eh? Yeah. You're welcome. Sorry about that. Once we move, I have a feeling things will be different. A change of scenery. A home that is 20 years newer, more homey (i.e. not an apartment), and some fresh air.
The next step is to figure out coping mechanisms for leaving work at work and NOT bringing it home with me at night. I am not talking about actual work like, oh, I need to send this email and complete this documentation, etc... I mean I need to learn how to leave the stress and frustrations of work AT work. Off to Google to figure that out... Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment