There was a moment yesterday. It lasted about 5 minutes. I had gotten home from my first real workout in over 4 weeks and I was feeling great. Then I heard the kids from the development next door playing on the "tennis" court in our complex (no longer a tennis court because the brilliant H.O.A. decided to take down the fence, yada yada yada). There were 4 or 5 boys I think. Sam and I stood in the dining room and watched them throwing rocks at each other, the wood fence, the side of the carport. I was fuming. I went and stood on the porch and watched without the privacy of the dining room wall to hide me. They didn't see me; they kept throwing. Then I heard it a "plunk." They had hit one of the 3 cars - one being mine. "HEY! Stop throwing rocks at our cars!" I boomed. I grabbed my keys, said a few choice words to Sam and bolted down the stairs. Those boys ran. I was livid. How would they like it if I went next door to their complex and started pelting rocks?
I went back upstairs. I was literally shaking. I went into the bedroom, still in my workout clothes, sat on the desk chair, and cried. That was the moment. The crying. Sam came in and asked why I was sniffling; I didn't know. I was having a "moment." I told him that I am just so frustrated by so many things right now. My apartment, my job, my mind, my knee, you name it.
I was really mad at myself for yelling at those boys. When I went down to the car ports to check the cars I saw that they were all about 12-14 years old - which means they should know better. I hope they do. It seems really silly and I know this, but I was frustrated. I am frustrated. And sadly the people I am frustrated with cannot be told at this time. What is interesting to me is that these people are not just one or two; they are multiple people in multiple situations which have nothing to do with each other. So then the question becomes, who am I really frustrated with? Them? or me?
So here is the goal - cut back on the frustration. How? That is a good question. I think the first step is start focusing on two fairly important things in my life first: Sam and me.
A bit of good news? Yeah I think I need it too ;) Well, Sam and I found a new place to live for the next year (maybe more?). We are moving to a beautiful townhouse just outside of Boulder. Lovely! Also, we went to see Ira Glass Saturday night at the Paramount in Denver. He was incredible! Sam was so very surprised. All was fantastic! We even ran into 2 of our friends at the show.... thanks to some quick mobile Facebook status updates haha.
The next "moment" I want to have should be more of the latter...most definitely.
No comments:
Post a Comment