Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Feeling Better? Why yes I am!

So almost a week into feeling like Poo, I finally feel like I am getting better. I left work early yesterday to go home and sleep for 2 hours, then went to Therapy where I was reminded that Tylenol makes a cold medicine (I totally forgot, weird I know), went to King Soopers, got the medicine, went to Acupuncture (more on that in a minute), went home, hung out with Sam, went to bed.

So at acupuncture last night, I told the intern (she is wonderful) about my cold and my toe and it was decided that i also had a fever (a regular one, lol, not a Chinese one). So they needed to break the fever and knock this cold out of my system. She and her supervisor determined that this would also help my toe, but since the regular doc had me on antibiotics, they weren't going to mess with it too much. So they bled me. I have had this done about 4 times now, and it still surprises me that such a primal thing can be so damn effective. This time it was my up back in between my shoulders. She pricked my 5 times with a needle and just let it bleed out. In Chinese Medicine this is know as releasing heat. My fever dropped and vanished within minutes and has not returned since. She did a few needle points on my arms, hands, and feet to release more heat (no bleeding) and to get my immune system kicking. So yeah, between that, the Tylenol, and the NASTY herbs i have to take for 3 days, in addition to the antibiotics, I am feeling a lot better.

Yup, that Acupuncture stuff is so weird, but ya know what? It works :)

No comments: