Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Snow?

Yup - my students warned me last night: "Susi!! It's gonna snow tonight!" Yeah right, I said. No way in hell. Well, they were right! Just a few inches, but enough to slow down the drive to 35mph on the highway. Gotta love that!

I knew that we would somehow pay for our flip-flop wearing days last week. It was inevitable :) Anyways. Not a whole lot going on. I am at the halfway point for teaching this semester and over all it is going well. A couple students here and there that need a firm push (or a kick) every once and awhile, but nothing too major. 

Work is going well (at the the full-time gig). We are experiencing the panic that the rest of the country is feeling. We had a round of voluntary separations this month with the announcement of those selected last Friday. Those 25 people will say goodbye to all of us this Friday. It's a sad thing for sure, although for most of the volunteers it is a positive move for better things to come. I hope that is as true as people are saying.

Sam goes to NYC this weekend, and I won't lie and say that I am not jealous. I can't believe it has been 3 years since I have been to the east coast, more specifically to NJ. There is some planning going on for my 10 year high School reunion (sigh) in November. That brings up a lot of mixed emotions for me. I would really like to go and for Sam to come with me, but we will have to see what happens over the next few (or more) months before anything can be decided upon. Facebook has been such a trip lately - so many people from my past have shown up all over it and it amazes me the memories that this beings about. Good and bad, for sure.

Here's hoping the snow clears and we can wear flip-flops again soon!

No comments: