The Doc tells me this should do it. He had never seen this type of reaction in any of his patients in over 15 years of practicing. I said, welcome to the world of a red head patient! haha. He said it should be about healed in 5-7 days. Here's hoping.
Friday, December 5, 2008
The Toe.....
So I trekked back to the Podiatrist yesterday. He took one look at my toe and said, "That's not right." This has me worried, not gonna lie. He said, "I know how to fix this, but you aren't gonna like it." Turns out he needed to re-numb my toe (aka shoot it up with approximately 10-12 shots of numbing medicine) and look to see if there was something in there that wasn't supposed to be. So he shot my toe up (i was screaming, but not crying.... am i getting used to this?) and sure enough, a small callous had started developing. Apparently my toe decided that healing was actually bad for me so it trapped any new skin in a callous and grew around. This growth, the callous, not only caused the initial infection, but also all of the pain that I've been experiencing. So he got it out, showed it to me (gross) and bandaged me up. The numbing medicine lasted for about 3 hours and then OH MY GOD did I feel the pain. I could hardly walk and ending up sleeping most of it off after taking Advil and numbing it with an ice pack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment