Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankful Thanksgiving....

I have not blogged on here in a long time, but then again, I am not sure if anyone but me has noticed! haha. No worries on that one, I like writing to and for myself :)

Picked up my cap and gown and hood and all that jazz a few weeks ago. I walk in graduation on December 12th and am kind of excited about it :) I am sad that my family cannot be here for it, but Sam will be there and maybe Robert, so that means a lot to me. I received my diploma a few weeks ago (odd getting it BEFORE graduation) and learned that I am graduating with Honors! Yay!!

The semester with my students has gone very well and I am sad to say that we will only have 5 more classes left when we get back from Thanksgiving break. This group has been absolutely amazing and I am so honored to have them as students :) (cheesy, I know).

Sam and I are heading to Ohio on Thursday for a 5 day stay with my family. I am extremely excited! Not only will Sam finally meet my incredible nephews, he will also meet my grandparents, my Uncle Dion, Aunt Diane and their 2 sons. Lots of family around, that is for sure. I have not seen Dion and his crew for a number of years, so that reunion should be a blast.

Pop seems to be doing well, which is the best news I can share. We are currently waiting for his case to go to the State for the chance of being listed for a liver and kidney. I know this is the easier part of the wait, but my lord this is taking forever! I am very thankful to Dr. Carey, the liver team, and the kidney team at the Cleveland Clinic for everything that have done, are doing, and continue to do for my father and my family. Absolutely incredible, really.

In nerd news... I got my new cell phone on Friday: the Motorola DROID. In a word: fan-freaking-tastic. Coolest phone I have ever owned.

Congrats to my cousin Amanda and her fiancee Chris on their new baby son, Blake! He was born last week and seems to be doing quite well! Also, congrats to my other cousin Kip and his wife Rachel on the birth of their second daughter, Braibee!! It's been a good few days for our family! I hope that good news continues :)

Love to all and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: