Now, the run down on stresses.
My father is very ill. He was in the hospital for 11 days and was finally released on Friday. I don't know how many people knew about this officially, but I know there are a few phone calls I still need to make about it. The good news, even though he is not in the clear yet, there is much hope that recovery is beginning and will continue. If I could send a dozen flowers to the many doctors, nurses, counselors, therapists, coordinators, secretaries, gas station attendants, hotel workers, hospital staff members, friendly drivers, etc... I would do it. The events of the past month and a half have put a huge strain on my entire family, but most of all on my mother. I thank whomever is out there watching over her and my father for giving them the strength and courage they so desperately needed and still need.
My 14 year old cousin is also in the hospital. He suffered 2 strokes last week - out of nowhere. I am praying that he is on his way to recovery as well. I need to get more info from my family about this, but let's just say, prayers are needed in North Carolina to a little boy we lovingly call, "Crash."
My grandparents are amazing. They drove from their home in SC to OH to be with my mother and father for a full week, then drove to NC to a 3rd hospital to be with "Crash." I hope that I can be as wonderful as they are some day. Honestly, the strength in our family is just dumbfounding.
There is an official adoption date for my 2 nephews! I will be flying to celebrate with them at the end of June and I just cannot wait!!!!!
The details are scant in this post, I know, but there is just too much to write and not enough time or energy. If you read this, and you want more information, please email me or call.
I love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment