Thursday, January 15, 2009

Such the blogging slacker

As I was reading through my Sister's blog and then Cara's blog, I realized... OH YEAH! I have not written in mine in forever! So here is the short and quick:

  1. The week I was leaving for Christmas to see my family, I got strep throat! Being 27 with strep sucks! It hurts WAY more than I ever remember.
  2. Christmas trip was amazing!! My nephews are awesome! The change I saw in them between Thanksgiving and Christmas (only 3 weeks) was unbelievable. Their forever home with my sister and brother-in-law is the right place for them. Yay for J and K!
  3. Trip back to CO was uneventful. Delta put my luggage on the wrong flight, so they got an earful from me (You can take the girl out of Jersey...). All ended well and I made it home safely.
  4. New Years was fun! We went to dinner with some friends and then hung out at their house to watch the re-run of the ball dropping. haha. It is SO weird to have all my east coast friends Text me at 10pm my time to wish us a Happy New Year. We get to watch a "previously recorded live" broadcast of the ball dropping. Somehow, that feels odd.
  5. I have stepped up my exercise routine since I have had a few weeks off from teaching. I am doing 6 classes a week! haha. It is paying off though... I am back into a pair of jeans that haven't fit in ages!! 
  6. I am getting ready to start teaching again. First class is next Wednesday, which means my weekend will be filled with dreams of the perfect syllabus. HA HA HA. We shall see. I will be revamping it a bit though... I hope I am ready!!
  7. I went to the dentist on Monday - a new dentist, since the last one I went to scared the holy bejeezits out of me! I have my first two cavities ever! So next Tuesday morning I go back to get them cleaned and fixed. I am SO nervous!
I think that is about it... I'm sure I left out something along the way, but who knows?  Oh yeah... January 1st marked 8 months of being medication free :) I must be doing something right! WOOHOO!!

No comments: